Wednesday, 3 March 2010

On the Hunt

Day three in Chicago and we've already started house hunting. We spent all day Tuesday looking at various places all around Chicago. Our realtor couldn't get the appointments in the order she wanted so we spent most of the day driving from one end to another and back!

At the end of the day, what I found shocking was that there was not a single property that was perfect. I thought I would walk into each one of these places and think, "It's exactly as how I imagined (or you represented) it to be." Turns out they use wide angle lens, really good lighting, and creative camera angles to make these places look twice as big as they really are.

Despite the deceptive photography, I did find three out of the seven properties that were decent. And here they are (I didn't get the flash to work on my camera until the last two properties!):

North Avenue place





Master Bedroom


En suite



Pluses: Good neighborhood, neighbors seemed nice and friendly, big living space, and nice sized bedrooms.

Minuses: No elevator and it's on the fourth floor (can't imagine climbing those steps 6 months preggo), the front door opens directly into the living room, balconey is small, and the closet doors were flimsy (Grace noticed this).


Place with big windows





Master bedroom:



Balcony:



Pluses: Massive windows, good neighborhood, big living area, big balcony, wine fridge, just cool looking, nice breakfast place a hop away.

Minuses: Tiny second bedroom.


Warren Street







Pluses: Massive living area and kitchen area, very nice layout.

Minuses: Not a great neighborhood, smelled funny.


That's it for now. I have another showing soonish, I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa
    Just set up a gmail account

    hobson333@gmail.com

    hope it works
    love Beryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. So have I finally !!

    hobso22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete