Thursday, 8 May 2014

Grandparents visit 2014

Once again it was time for the twice yearly grandparents visit!  Two and half glorious weeks of having Grandpa Steve cook and Grandma Beryl do the morning shift.  People are always shocked when I say I can't wait for my in-laws to visit for 2 1/2 weeks, but it's the truth! The kids love it too.  Twice the amount of attention and never-ending patience (from Grandma).


One of Atticus's favorite activities: getting read to by Grandma.


Three generations of Hobson men, do you see the resemblance? Squint hard and you might. 

Grandma getting some love from Lowell.


We got swindled into going on an "Easter egg hunt" at the mall which ended up being collecting tickets at stores and trading them for plastic eggs at an egg store.  Never again.

Unexpected bonus of failed mall "Easter Egg Hunt": the blue train!

Brimming with excitement.


Finally got a smile captured on camera.


Beryl is much more organized than me so she organized a proper Easter Egg hunt in our front yard with proper chocolate eggs.


Atticus figured out pretty quickly that the big eggs were hollow and the smaller denser ones were more desirable.  I'm not saying he's a genius but...

Lowell getting the hang of the hunt.


I always think Atticus looks 100% Korean, and then I see pictures like this that completely dispel my perception of him.

Downward facing Lowell.

1 comment:

  1. Grandma and Grandpa just read this. Brings back wonderful memories of our time spent together.
    So pleased Lisa, that you want to see more of us -- Our September flights already booked !!

    The egg hunt was enormous fun - and yes you have a smart kid who rapidly figured out that ' Big does not always mean Best !!'

    ReplyDelete