Atticus chose to have a camping trip instead of a big birthday blowout so we just had a small family get together for the birthday weekend.
Kiddie table was a success! The adults enjoyed a relatively quiet meal, while the children ate at their own table. We only had a couple of mishaps, where entire plates of food were upended on the floor, but given the people involved I would say it was win.
Now we move on to the failures. Atticus had commissioned a very specific cake for his birthday, which I failed to deliver. He took one look at the finished product, fetched the book of cakes from which he chose his order, and proceeded to tell me exactly where I had gone wrong with my cake. It was a sad looking cake and I blame it on me being a neophyte. I will do better next year. I have already watched some YouTube videos on how to decorate with fondant!
Lowell giving his best Blue Steel look.
Despite the looks, the cake turned out to be pretty delicious.
If you don't believe me, just look at this:
Lowell also approved.
Posing with Halmonee and Halbogee.
Charlotte will join in on the fun next year.
Looks like a lot of fun. Good move re kiddie table. I think the cake looks great! Again sorry about that wretched book Lisa!!!
ReplyDeleteLove, berylx